[omniORB] OmniNotify Idea

Matthew Berry Matthew.Berry@aspentech.com
Fri Oct 4 09:18:00 2002

Hi all,

Can anyone see any problems with the following idea of mine. I want to use
an event mechanism to publish status messages to clients running on Windows
(and under Java). I have always thought that since omniNotify doesn't
compile on Windows we can't use it, but then I realised that maybe we can
get halfway there. Please can you check my idea:

All I really need to implement in my client is the
CosNotifyComm::PushConsumer interface.  I can then use another mechanism to
register my client with the event channel (server) by writing an managing
interface that looks something like this:

	#include "CosNotifyComm.idl"

	interface NotifyManager
	{
	   void register(in string channel, in CosNotifyComm::PushConsumer
client);
	}

I can then build this manager under Unix. The servers which are the event
suppliers are all Unix-based so there is no problem from that side.

Am I missing something?