[omniORB] Good CORBA book To Acompany omniORB?

baileyk@schneider.com baileyk@schneider.com
Wed Nov 27 16:12:01 2002

Unless you need something which covers the DII and DSI in detail, or
advanced services like Security and Transaction, then Henning&Vinoski is
the right book to get.  I would have liked to seen more DII in it, but
otherwise it's a very good reference/tutorial.  Also, search the web for
articles by Vinoski and Doug Schmidt.  These are usually good too, but you
may want to have TAO to follow all of their examples... they presume your
ORB follows all the latest specs like QoS and AMI.  omniORB is not so
feature rich as TAO but I find omniORB has everything I need and is easier
to work with.

Kendall

                    "Warren Brown"
                    <warren@scully.xfiles.za.org       To:     <bido@mac.com>
                    >                                  cc:     <omniorb-list@omniorb-support.com>
                    Sent by:                           Fax to:
                    omniorb-list-admin@omniorb-s       Subject:     Re: [omniORB] Good CORBA book To Acompany omniORB?
                    upport.com

                    11/27/2002 09:27 AM

Pure Corba by Finton Bolton is a good corba book, I donbt that you will
find
one on omniORB specifically