[omniORB] Newbie - Compiler Error on MacOSX for Echo Tutorial

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Nov 26 16:49:00 2002

On Tuesday 26 November, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

> If you have done the build as recommended in README.unix, i.e. in a
> separate 'build' directory, the binaries are in buid/bin, or wherever you
> installed them (e.g. /usr/local/bin). They are no longer in
> bin/powerpc_darwin_1.3/ as in 3.0.x. The examples makefiles, however,
> still assume that directory. The simplest solution, I think, is to make a
> symbolic link.

The examples don't assume anything about platform directories. If you
build the examples in the build directory, they use the things in the
build directory. The original poster has tried to use a combination of
the old style configuration with platform files and the new autoconf
configuration, hence the mess.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --