[omniORB] Nameservice problem

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon Nov 25 13:39:00 2002

On Friday 22 November, Warren Brown wrote:

> If I run my java app with omniNames from 3.0.5, it contacts the
> nameservice and works fine.  If I use omniNames from omniORB 4 it gives
> me a way too long to even be remotely interesting exception message!

I assume you are using the ORBInitialHost / ORBInitialPort
configuration for Java. omniORB 4 now has its support for that turned
off by default (since it is obsolete). Turn it on by setting the
supportBootstrapAgent parameter to 1, and Java should find omniNames
again.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --