[omniORB] Troubles with wstring

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon Nov 25 12:57:01 2002

On Wednesday 20 November, Giuseppe Naccarato wrote:

> I also developed a Java client using the JDK 1.4 and JavaIDL.
>
> When the client calls the startInt method, everything works fine.
> Instead, if startFoo is called (with a java string as parameter) the
> server properly executes the method but then it crashes showing a
> windows dialog: _BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID.
>
> I suppose there's something wrong with the wstring.... but what?

I can't see anything wrong with your usage of wstring. I suspect that
it's an issue with mixing debug settings in VC++. Make sure you are
using the debug or non debug versions of the omniORB libraries to
match the setting of your program.

Just to be certain, you might try to see if your server works with an
omniORB client. If it does, omniORB must be getting upset with
something the Java ORB is doing. In that case, please post a trace
from omniORB with -ORBtraceLevel 40.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --