[omniORB] Newbie - Compiler Error on MacOSX for Echo Tutorial

bido@mac.com bido@mac.com
Sun Nov 24 09:01:01 2002

Hi Folks,

Still chugging along trying to learn CORBA on omniORB. I got following
error while trying to compile the "echo" example on MacOSX (Jaguar):

[122:~/Dev/corba/hello] bido% make
gcc -I/usr/local/omni_inst/include/ echo.hh echoSK.cc eg1.cc -o AA
ld: echo.hh bad magic number (not a Mach-O file)
make: *** [AA] Error 1

My guess is that I need to set some platform specific flags for gcc.
Can anyone on share a simple make file that handles this or indicate
what arguments/flags to set in gcc? Note that Jaguar ships with gcc3.

Thanks!
-FB