[omniORB] python generated filename problem

Richard Bouska richard@bouska.cz
Fri Nov 22 09:32:01 2002

Hello.

I have problem with the way the pyhon backend generates filenames:
The filename is derived from the filename of the idl file, but does not
reflect the module structure:
for ex. I have two interfaces called IA in IA.idl file one in module MA
the othe on MB,
idl/MA/IA.idl
idl/MB/IA.idl
They are diferent.
When I generate stubs and skeletons in one directory the first IA_idl.py
gets overwritten.
Is there any chance to force the compiler generate structure like this:

generated/MA/__init__.py
generated/MA/IA_idl.py
generated/MA__POA/__init__.py
generated/MA__POA/IA_idl.py
generated/MB/__init__.py
generated/MB/IA_idl.py
generated/MB__POA/__init__.py
generated/MB__POA/IA_idl.py

and no REGULAR FILES in the target directory so that when i do export
PYTHONPATH=generated
 >>> import MA, MA__POA MB, MB__POA
everithing will word as expected.

The think is that I have plenty (216) idl files in 12 different modules
and to do some kind of name mangling (name the idl file by concatenation
of module and interface name is no solution for me (CVS, plenty of
Makefiles))

Thank for any suggestion
Richard Bouska
Richard@Bouska.cz