[omniORB] Attributes in omniORBpy

Leandro Fanzone leandro@hasar.com
Thu Nov 21 18:27:01 2002

Attributes in omniORBpy are mapped as methods (_get_/_set_). Though I
know the OMG specification says it must be so, I thought that it would
be useful to also have a direct mapping using the
__setattr__/__getattr__ technique; these methods could call the
"official" methods using exec, for example. In this way we could access
the attributes from a client in a more straightforward fashion than
calling methods. I'm sure you already gave this some thought; did you
find something that prevented this from being done?
Thank you in advance,

Leandro Fanzone