[omniORB] omniORB and syslog

Gustavo M. linux_news@nextphere.com
Tue Nov 19 22:03:00 2002

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 09:59, Andrey Koubychev wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I have problems with output to syslog from program that is compiled
> with omniORB 3.0.x (it compiled with few other libs and I will ask in
> every list) . Simple program what makes only syslog
> (LOG_NOTICE,"Hello") works like expected. But if I put this into my
> program output goes to stderr and nothing into /var/log/messages
> Please don't think that something wrong with my /etc/syslog.conf
>
> Does omniORB has something to do with it ? I've found :

Omniorb 3.0.x uses tcpwrappers. The problem is tcpwrappers overwrites the
vsyslog function (syslog function relies on vsyslog at least on GNU/Linux) to
send all syslog output to stderr. So all you need to do is edit the following
file
$(OMNIORB_SRC_ROOT)/src/lib/omniORB2/orbcore/gatekeepers/tcpwrapper/fakelog2.c

Change the name of vsyslog function to something else and then change the
fakesyslog function to use the new function name.
I think there is also another file that uses a direct call to vsyslog but I
don't remember which file.

Regards,

--
Gustavo M.