[omniORB] patch: support for compilation tuning using enviroment vars.

Stefan Seefeld seefeld@sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 19 16:51:01 2002

hi Duncan (et al.),

as you are talking about configure.ac enhancements I'd like
to propose some additional changes that would greatly help
users:

among autoconf based packages it is pretty common these days
to provide <package>-config scripts that let you query required
preprocessor/compiler/linker flags to be used when using
these packages.
This would be particularly helpful with omniORB, as there are
a lot of flags to be set with respect to platform, os, etc.

Can't configure generate a script omniORB-config which I can
call like

omniORB-config --cppflags
omniORB-config --cxxflags
omniORB-config --libs

etc. ?
If there is interest, I'd be happy to work on such a feature...

Regards,
		Stefan