[omniORB] patch: support for compilation tuning using enviroment vars.

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Nov 19 14:58:01 2002

On Monday 18 November, Bastiaan Bakker wrote:

> Duncan, this is a repost of my mail './configure ignores CXXFLAGS, etc.'
> of november 5th. Since it wasn't labeled as a patch you may have missed
> it. If you haven't missed it but simply don't like it or didn't have
> time to look at it, can you acknowledge that?

I saw your patch before, but I haven't had time to look at it yet. I
don't think it's quite right at the moment, since with your patch the
default is for no optimisation, where before it was for -O2.
configure certainly ought to obey CXXFLAGS etc environment variables,
so I'll definitely check something along those lines in.

Can you rework the patch so it still uses optimisation if CXXFLAGS is
not explicitly set?  I think there might also be an issue with some
platforms overriding CXXFLAGS in the makefiles.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --