[omniORB] Using omniORB/omniORBpy in Apache Modules

julien piaser jpiaser@ifrance.com
Tue Nov 19 09:36:01 2002

Hi Thorsten !

we are having the same kind of problem on a Redhat 7.2 machine. But
unforfunatly, couldn't solve that :
1/ On one of our machine, (that has been installed almost a year ago)
Redhat 7.2 has been installed, with apache, php, and a home-made php
module that calls OmniORB routines. Everything works fine on this
machine !
2/ On the second machine, we installed Redhat 7.2 as well, with the same
softs (apache, php...). Doesn't work.

This looks like to be really mysterious as we tried copying every module
from machine 1 to machine 2, including apache, php, omniorb, and the
config files are the same...

Moreover, we can launch our home made php module on a command line "php
-f test_file.php" that calls OmniORB routines. In that case, everything
works fine. When executed with apache, we're having the same problem you
had : the module gets stuck in "ORB_init".

Why is machine 1 working ? Maybe some general configuration, but haven't
any idea about that...

regards,

Julien Piaser

Modem offert : 150,92 euros remboursés sur le Pack eXtense de Wanadoo !
Haut débit à partir de 30 euros/mois : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/w