[omniORB] java and omniNames

Empting Arnd arnd.empting@siemens.com
Tue Nov 19 08:55:02 2002

There is also a free-Java-CORBA named JacOrb that worked perfectly for me
with the omninames-Service. (if you prefer to go with a free Implementation)

Regards
	Arnd Empting

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Brown [mailto:warren@scully.xfiles.za.org]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 9:41 PM
To: omniorb-list@omniorb-support.com
Subject: [omniORB] java and omniNames

It seems that jdk1.3 has a bug in it.
>From the bug list
"After digging deeper in the problem (thanks to the "genior" utility
provided
with omniORB 3.0, I could generate many different kinds of IORs), I
discovered
that the problem comes from the length of the Object Key ("NameService"),
whenever the IOR contains an object key which size is not multiple of 4, I
get
that exception."

It seems that the solution to my problem is either to use jdk1.2.2 or
jdk1.4.