[omniORB] Thread Policy

jorgefm@cirsa.com jorgefm@cirsa.com
Mon Nov 18 07:55:01 2002

>> The default thread policy used in the POA is 'ORB_CTRL_MODEL' ?. Is
>> it guaranted that all servant invocations are serialized ?
>
>No. Multiple threads can invoke on a single servant concurrently.  If
>you want only one thread to be active at a time, you must use the
>SINGLE_THREAD_MODEL.
>
>> I need a policy where the call order is critical. Is there any
>> policy working this way ? Is it assured if i have selected the
>> 'thread per connection' mode ?
>
>What do you mean by "call order is critical"?  What exactly is your
>requirement?

I think that i have found a configuration that works for me with
'maxServerThreadPerConnection=1' (the default in omniORB 3.x, i think?)
The 'call order' is achieve processing all the request from a client in
the same thread. Before, if the server was busy, the ORB creates a thread
per request and put them to sleep, but when the server becomes available
again, all the threads are wake up and you can assure the order easily.

Thanks for your answer!
Jorge