[omniORB] Corba between Python and C++ (and maybe Java)

Craig Leppan craigl@adsmr.co.za
Fri Nov 15 06:54:01 2002

Hi,

Maybe this is the wrong place for a dumb question, but I can't seem to get
the answer out of all the endless web pages of Corba, and as a python and
omniorbpy user, I'm hoping this group can help me.

If I want a C++ object, and a python object (and a maybe java object) to all
talk to each other. What do I need?

Must I use omniorbpy to "serve up" the python object, onmiorb (c++) to serve
up the c++ object?

In other words if an ORB like omniorb supports python and c++ does that
preclude implementations using it from talking to say a Java Corba
interface?

Would that defeat the whole idea of Corba?

I'm really trying hard to motivate for Corba in our new development
environment which is basically a distributed object system. I'd really like
to prototype in c++, and java and python as we have those skills around.

I'd really appreciate an answer from someone who's done something similair.

Craig Leppan

craigl@adsmr.co.za