[omniORB] Re: elementary questions on structs and exceptions

Karl Waclawek karl@waclawek.net
Wed Nov 13 14:34:01 2002

>   I hope, i have not confused you too much with all this:)
> CORBA can be a bit tough to get used to, but once you do,
> distibuted systems get so much simpler to work with;)

Out of my own experience - as a CORBA beginner:

We had to integrate with a 3rd party app that used
pure virtual classes for interfacing (MS VC++).

We thought we look at wrapping this in COM or CORBA.
To get into CORBA we used MICO which had a nice tutorial.
End result: we found CORBA a *lot* easier to understand
and implement than COM/ActiveX, when using C++.

If there is anything complex about CORBA, it is because
the things you can do with it are inherently complex,
no matter what framework you are using.

Karl