[omniORB] elementary questions on structs and exceptions

bitostef@katamail.com bitostef@katamail.com
Wed Nov 13 11:29:00 2002

Hi Bjorn
I've some doubts about c++ mapping.
1)After i've compiled my idl ,in which file i find the signature of my
   operations, sk.cc or .hh?in sk.cc the attribute managing functions are
   named _get_attribute_name() (as  python) while in .hh are
   attribute_name();
2)the echostring() returns CORBA::string_dup(msg) on server side
   what's the meaning of this function and its use?
3)my idl is of this kind:
   module modulo {
      exception eccezione{};
      struct struttura{
         string name;
         double val;
      };
     interface interfaccia {
        struttura op(...)raises(eccezione);
      };
   };
  is better define struct and exception inside the interface?why?
  how do i return the struct to the client?
  in the stub file the exception class has some operations (i.e. _narrow)
  are them inherited from CORBA::UserExceptions?
4)where can i find clear examples on using non basic types with c++?
thanks in advance
regards
Stefano Bitossi

Fai i tuoi acquisti su www.kwshopping.it