[omniORB] omniidl locating wrong _omniidlmodule

Nick Lewycky nicholas@mxc.ca
Mon Nov 11 23:51:01 2002

I have a system wide install of omniORB3 (from Debian) which puts
_omniidlmodule.so into /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages . To do some
testing with omniORB4, I installed oO4 into a directory with configure
--prefix=/disk2/omniORB4 . Unfortunately, when I ran
/disk2/omniORB4/bin/omniidl over my IDL files, the resulting .hh files
had #include <omniORB3/...> in them.

It seems that the omniidl script loaded _omniidlmodule.so from the
sitewide install instead of the local correct version. Removing
_omniidlmodule.so from python's default search path "fixed" the problem.

Perhaps you should put some versioning info into that module so that a
script from version x doesn't accidentally run code from version y
without at least reporting a problem.

Thanks,
Nick Lewycky