[omniORB] omni::empty_string

bjorn rohde jensen bjensen@fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 11 18:11:01 2002

Hi Wayne,

  Getting a wee bit impatient, eh?:) I dont suppose,
you could provide some sample code demonstrating
this problem? What i meant with the comment about
a string helper thing was just, that it looks like
a static variable used in the implementation of the
string mapping in omniORB.
  I was wondering, if you have tried to switch the
order of libraries in:

LIBRARIES = $(LIBS) $(MYLIBS)
LIBRARIES = $(MYLIBS) $(LIBS)

If the libs in MYLIBS depend on any of the libs in LIBS,
they have to be listed before LIBS during linking. The
linker examines the object files/libraries one by one
once and in the given order trying to resolve all unresolved
references encountered so far. The linker sort maintains
sort of a table of unresolved references, and as the linking
proceeds symbols resolved by the currently examined object
file will be removed from the table and any new unresolved
symbols are added to the table. Object files not resolving
any currently unresolved symbols are ignored.
  Without an example it is hard to tell, what is happening
with your code;)

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn