[omniORB] exceptions as parameters

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri Nov 8 17:15:02 2002

On Thursday 7 November, "Renzo Tomaselli" wrote:

>     I just noticed that omniidl 1.0 does not accept a "CORBA::Exception" as
> a parameter type within an IDL method declaration.

>From the 2.6 spec, section 3.11:

  "An identifier declared to be an exception identifier may thereafter
   only appear in a raises clause of an operation declaration, and
   nowhere else."

> I need to forward an exception within a delegation process, where a
> scheduler processes jobs and then it reports success or failure to another
> party. Failure here means some kind of exception.

Can you not just declare that the operation doing the delegating
raises the possible exceptions?

> The only other way I know about concerns feeding exceptions into anys which
> we can carry around. If nothing else works, this will.

You can put exceptions into Anys, but it's a bit of a hack.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --