[omniORB] Unable to build on Solaris

baileyk@schneider.com baileyk@schneider.com
Fri Nov 8 17:05:01 2002

It looks like you are getting a C compiler where a C++ compiler is needed.
The "cc" command is for C code, but omniORB source uses the "cc" extension
for C++ source, and a "c" extension for C source.  The C++ command is "CC"

                    Olivier BOUDEVILLE
                    <olivier.boudeville@edf.fr>        To:     omniorb-list@omniorb-support.com
                    Sent by:                           cc:
                    omniorb-list-admin@omniorb-s       Fax to:
                    upport.com                         Subject:     [omniORB] Unable to build on Solaris

                    11/08/2002 09:50 AM

Hi everybody,

I have tried to look at every FAQ and REAME I found, but I have not been
able to solve my compilation problem on Solaris.

I tried to build omniORB-4.0.0 from the sources on a Solaris (SunOS 5.8
Generic_108528-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000), using Workshop 6.2 (Sun
WorkShop 6 update 2 C 5.3 2001/05/15). Python version was fine (Python
1.5.2 (#21, Aug 21 2001, 17:58:51) [C] on sunos5), but as autoconf detected
an old gcc I did not want to use (besides, the first time the compilation
ran with gcc it failed), I used :

../configure --prefix=<my own directory>/omniORB-4.0.0 CC=<path to
SUNWspro-6.2/cc> CXX=<path to SUNWspro-6.2/cc>

configure seems to be successful but when I use make to have omniorb
compiled, it fails with :

/logiciels/SUNWspro-6.2/SUNWspro/bin/cc -c -O2 -g   -DIDLMODULE_VERSION="
\"0x2420\"" -I/home/boudevil/tools/include -DPYTHON_INCLUDE
="<python1.5/Python.h>" -KPIC -I. -I../../../../../src/tool/omniidl/cxx
-I../../../../include -I../../../../../include -D__OSVERSION__=5
-D__sunos__ -D__sparc__ -o y.tab.o
../../../../../src/tool/omniidl/cxx/y.tab.cc
cc: Warning: option -2 passed to ld
cc: No input file specified, no output generated
make[4]: *** [y.tab.o] Error 1

Is it a known problem ?

Thanks in advance for any help, best regards,

Olivier.

--
Olivier Boudeville

EDF R&D
1, avenue du Général de Gaulle
92140 Clamart
Département SINETICS, groupe AASI (I22), bureau D068
Bureau : 01-47-65-59-58
Portable : 06-16-83-37-22