[omniORB] Reconnect Question

jorgefm@cirsa.com jorgefm@cirsa.com
Fri Nov 8 16:50:01 2002

Hi all !

Another conceptual question.

I have a client with his servant to receive notifications. Suppose that the
server has the 'clientCallTimeOutPeriod' active ( >0)
and then it tries to send a notification to the client, but for some reason
the client is blocked. The timeout period
expires and the server catch the comm failure exception and unregister this
client from a local list of client to notify.

Then, my question. Suppose the client backs to life and it sends a message
to the server. The ORB makes automatically
a new connection to the server and sends the message, is it right? and
there is some exception, flag, etc activated,
that the client could check, to send a new registration call to the server
to receive notifications again ?

Thanks for your answers.
Jorge