[omniORB] Client recieves omniORB.CORBA.BAD_PARAM when receiving long.

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri Nov 8 15:01:01 2002

On Wednesday 6 November, Stephen White wrote:

> Using omniORBpy on Linux, I have a server which returns a single field
> defined in IDL as "long".  Picking a value out of the air, if the server
> returns 131 the client is fine, but if the server returns  131L   the
> client receives  omniORB.CORBA.BAD_PARAM.  Shouldn't omniORB recognize
> the Python long as an appropriate IDL long?  Or am I not understanding
> something?  A simple code example is below:

The correct mapping for IDL long is to Python int. omniORBpy 1.x is
strict about it, and it refuses any other numeric type, including
long. omniORBpy 2.0 has relaxed that, and it now accepts longs where
ints are expected.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --