[omniORB] Server Timeout

jorgefm@cirsa.com jorgefm@cirsa.com
Fri Nov 8 11:35:01 2002

Hi Bjorn,

>I dont understand, why you want to use poaHoldRequestTimeout,

Only i was reading all the options :-)

I have checked the 'clientCallTimeOutPeriod' and it works fine.

But it raises another question. The notification which bloqued
the server is defined 'oneway' in the IDL file. Then i supposed
wrongly, that the thread will try to send the data without blocking
and return.

I was looking for a way to send non-critical notifications with no
time-penalty (no timeout), but with the 'clientCallTimeOutPeriod'
you have to put a compromising 'value' that fits all the application's
clients range that your system manage, or put a different value
for every ORB you use.

Any hint ?

Thanks for your time
Jorge