[omniORB] upgrade from omniORB280 to omniORB305

Gary Duzan gduzan@bbn.com
Wed Nov 6 20:44:00 2002

In Message <4D5B9D0CDDD8D31184CF00A0C9C74B7BE0AD5B@exch-quiz.btg.com> ,
   "Smith, Wayne" <wsmith2@titan.com> wrote:

=>
=>I'm attempting to upgrade from omniORB280 to omniORB305. It appears as
=>though I'm having difficulty
=>with a macro we use in our baseline to compile different ORBs.
=>
=>To compile omniORB we use the following macro:
=>
=>   #define ACTIVATE_OBJECT(o) (boa->obj_is_ready(o), o->_this())
=>
=>Each file that contains this macro dies similarly on o->_this.
=>The first of which is eventSupplier.C
=>The class definition is in eventSupplier.h:
=>
=>  class EventSupplier
=>      : public virtual CosEventComm::_objref_PushSupplier
=>
=>In eventSupplier constructor is where the compilation dies:
=>
=>  EventSupplier::EventSupplier(const char *name, const char *userid)
=>      : CosEventComm::PushSupplier
=>  {
=>  }

   Your servant class needs to inherit from the POA skeleton, not the
generic interface class. So in this case, the base should be
POA_CosEventComm::PushSupplier.

					Gary Duzan
					BBN Technologies
					A Verizon Company