[omniORB] Wide Strings Help (WCharTCSNotKnown)

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Nov 6 11:03:01 2002

On Monday 4 November, "Kevin Wooten" wrote:

> I have just finished converting my application to wide strings.
> Unfortunately, when I try to connect, the first method I call (the Login
> method with user/pass), fails! It throws a BAD_PARAM_WCharTCSNotKnown
> exception. I am using a python client and a c++ server.

Most likely, the IOR you are using does not have the wchar code set
service context in it, so the client doesn't know what code sets the
server supports. There are several reasons why it might be missing:
use of a corbaloc URI, pinning the server down to GIOP 1.0, storing
the IOR in an old version of omniNames, etc. Try printing out the
stringified form of the object reference the client is using, then
feeding it to catior. If catior doesn't mention anything about code
sets, that explains the problem. If it _does_ contain code set info,
please send the IOR to me.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --