[omniORB] Run an ORB in a thread but keep its reference

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon Nov 4 16:00:01 2002

On Wednesday 30 October, Laurent JOIGNY wrote:

> I have some problems running an ORB in a thread and keep the ORB reference
> for future use.

Others have pointed out the danger of using a (non-static) member
function as a C function pointer. You should definitely not do that.

I just want to point out that in omniORB there is no need to call
ORB::run() at all. The ORB dispatches requests on its own threads, so
there is no need to call run() if you have other things to do.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --