[omniORB] omniorb4 debian packages: proposed changes for arch support

Bastian Blank waldi@debian.org
Fri Nov 1 12:19:01 2002

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 04:03:00PM +0100, Duncan Grisby wrote:
> On Sunday 20 October, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > include/omniORB4/CORBA_sysdep_trad.h:
> >   endianess of cpu types:
> >     use <endian.h> or use AC_C_BIGENDIAN.
> >   size of types:
> >     use C99 types (not well supported now) or check via AC_CHECK_SIZEOF.
>=20
> That file is only used in the case that autoconf is not available, so
> it isn't possible to use any AC_ checks. It works fine on lots of
> weird and wonderful platforms right now, so I don't think it's good to
> try to change it.

hmm, i don't know why you use autoconf but don't want to explore its
possibilities. the configure is only a shellscript so any complete
tarball which should include this files doesn't need the autoconf
scripts themself.

> > mk/beforeauto.mk.in:
> >   use installed cpp instead of omkdepend which is broken on several
> >   architectures.
>=20
> Can you explain?

i want to say gcc, which isn't available on any system but does that
depency build much better. also the included omkdepend won't run on a
few archs.

i find another thing which make problems:
omniidl uses its own copy of cpp called omnicpp which is an old version
of the gnu cpp and isn't 64 bit clean. i don't know why omniidl need its
own cpp, because any system with a c compiler also needs a preprocessor.

bastian

--=20
Those who hate and fight must stop themselves -- otherwise it is not stoppe=
d.
		-- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx--