[omniORB] Problem with omniORB 303 and HP_UX 11

Visscher, Bruce VISSCHB@RJRT.com
Wed May 29 21:00:05 2002

------=_NextPartTM-000-df584ebe-6c08-4f14-b8f8-1abb7a587b72

>  omni/src/lib/omniORB2/orbcore/tcpSocketMTfactory.cc
>=20
> On line 1448 we find...
> >>  omni_mutex_lock sync(pd_factory->pd_shutdown_lock);

My copy has braces ({...}) around this.

> A few lines further down (line 1471) we find...
> >>    omni_mutex_lock sync(pd_factory->pd_shutdown_lock);
>=20
> The first 'sync' variable hasn't yet gone out of scope,

Therefore, this statement would not be true.

I see this comment:

/*
  $Log: tcpSocketMTfactory.cc,v $
  Revision 1.22.6.22  2001/08/28 11:07:29  dpg1
  Deadlock when a worker thread can't be started.
*/

at the beginning of the file.  This change would appear to correct the
bug you describe.

Browsing the CVS repository, I think you want the omni3_develop
branch, not the MAIN branch (*). (Is this right, Duncan?)

Where did you get your version?

Bruce

(*) Nor omni3_0_3, nor omni3_0_4 branch, etc.  It looks like
there might really be a problem here with the CVS tags.  It looks=20
like omni3_0_3 is the same as omni3_0_4.  Does this matter? Of
course, it doesn't help that 1.32 is older than 1.22.6.26
but I guess that's the nature of Source Code Control systems.

------=_NextPartTM-000-df584ebe-6c08-4f14-b8f8-1abb7a587b72

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), contains information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney-client or other legal privileges, and/or proprietary non-public information.  If you are not an intended recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments (if any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

------=_NextPartTM-000-df584ebe-6c08-4f14-b8f8-1abb7a587b72--