[omniORB] ServantLocator and ForwardRequest in Python

baileyk@schneider.com baileyk@schneider.com
Tue May 28 20:49:01 2002

I'm on the track of the problem.  In omniORB/PortableServer.py I see

_NP_RepositoryId = "IDL:omg.org/PortableServer/ForwardRequest:1.0"

But in poastubs.cc from the omniORB 4 code base there is

const char* PortableServer::ForwardRequest::_PD_repoId
= "IDL:omg.org/PortableServer/ForwardRequest:2.3";

So the version numbers in the repository IDs do not match.  In pyServant.cc
there is a comparison

    if (omni::strMatch(PyString_AS_STRING(erepoId),
                       PortableServer::ForwardRequest::_PD_repoId))

This is failing because the Python version of the repoId is different than
the C++ version of the repoId.

Can someone tell me which is the right version number and which I should
change?  I thought version numbers were useless and were always "1.0" ??

Thanks
Kendall