[omniORB] option parameter for ORB_init in omniORB4

bjorn rohde jensen shamus@tdcadsl.dk
Fri, 17 May 2002 00:32:36 +0200

Hi Duncan,

 I was toying with configuring omniORB at runtime
by passing an option array to ORB_init, but i am not
very happy with the current syntax. I wanted to pass
an options retrieved from file to the orb at runtime,
but ORB_init takes const char *option[][2], which i
find a bit ugly to work with. Is there a good reason
for choosing that format? I chose to handle the options
as key,value pairs, and it seems to me, that omniORB
does that internally too. Dynamic allocation of
multidimensional arrays is not pretty...
 I was also wondering, if you could make the design
docu, you mentioned having, available?
 And finally, i build omniORB4 using gcc 3.1 today
without any problems what so ever. It seems to work
perfectly, but there was some mentioning of gcc 3.0.x
being too broken for use. Any one know, if the issues
have been addressed in gcc 3.1?

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn