[omniORB] ssl initialization

Norrie Quinn norrie.quinn@tumbleweed.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 17:40:41 -0700

Thanks David,

> Firstly, I found if you include <omniORB4/sslContext.h> then you MUST
> initialise the sslContext static members
>     sslContext::certificate_authority_file
>     sslContext::key_file
>     sslContext::key_file_password
> and they must be valid and correct, otherwise omniORB will raise and
> exception.
Provided that these are initialized and correct, everything works as
expected (tcp or ssl or both).  My problem is that these now *must* be
initialized and correct even if a particular application is tcp only and
does not include sslContext.h.

> I admit it is a pain especially because of the exception on
> exit, which you
> can't seem to catch anywhere??
I havn't seen an exception on exit (at least not due to ssl).

> Do you mean that nthere is no SSL support on the current build? (I'm
> currently using a December 2001 build and have been thinking
> of refreshing
> the build but if there is no SSL support, I'm in trouble)
No SSL support has not been removed :)
What I meant was just about every configuration option can now be specified
in either omniORB.cfg (or the registry), the environment or the command
line.  These three ssl configs cannot be set in the cfg must be initialized
in the app?  Is there any reason why I should try to add them?

Norrie