[omniORB] ssl initialization

Norrie Quinn norrie.quinn@tumbleweed.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 15:31:09 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to optionally use the ssl transport in omniORB4 and have built
the ORB with ssl support.  The ssl transport works fine, but it seems that
if I don't configure valid certificates (i.e.  when an application does not
plan to use the ssl transport), ORB_init will throw.  Does anyone know if it
is possible (without modifiying the source) to only use the tcp transport
and not have to configure valid certificates with an ssl enabled build?

Also, is there any reason why these configurations were ommitted from the
new omniORB4 configuration options?
  sslContext::certificate_authority_file
  sslContext::key_file
  sslContext::key_file_password

Thanks
Norrie
Norrie Quinn                                       650 216 2533
Tumbleweed Communications Corp.     norrie.quinn@tumbleweed.com