[omniORB] running omninames in a windows-cluster

Norrie Quinn norrie.quinn@tumbleweed.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 11:47:26 -0700

You need to run omniNames (and your other omniORB applications) as a service
of the Windows Cluster Service.  We have done this with omniNames and our
applications and the log file is created with the cluster name instead of
the node name.  All IOR will also reference the cluster ip which will
improve fault tolerance on failover.

Norrie
Norrie Quinn                                       650 216 2533
Tumbleweed Communications Corp.     norrie.quinn@tumbleweed.com