[omniORB] OmniORB and JAVAorb, trying to use corbaloc

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue, 07 May 2002 20:47:04 +0100

On Tuesday 7 May, Antoine Thierry wrote:

> You're good, omniORB is using IIOP 1.0 and JavaORB IIOP 1.2
> I'd like to force javaorb to use corbalocs with iiop 1.0, but i
> can't find how to do that ..
> my corbaloc is
> corbaloc:iiop:<host_ip>:<host_port>/<object's name on poa>
> how can i make it iiop 1.0 compliant ?

That should be IIOP 1.0. According to the spec, corbaloc defaults to
1.0. It only uses a different version if you explicitly tell it using
the @ syntax:

  corbaloc::1.2@<host_ip>:<host_port>/<key>

It's possible that the Java ORB is getting it wrong, of course.

Try running the omniORB server with -ORBtraceLevel 30. That will print
a GIOP trace, so we can see what the Java ORB is sending.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --