[omniORB] OmniORB and JAVAorb, trying to use corbaloc

Christophe de Vienne cdevienne@alphacent.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 21:21:59 +0200

Hi,

I'm answering for my colleague Antoine...

>  You should be able specify the iiop version used like this;
>
> corbaloc:iiop:1.2@myhost.example.com/MyObjectKey
>
> according to OMG corbaloc specification. I do not know, if
> the jdk orb actually implements it.

Well, the jdk orb seems to accept this string but if we replace 1.2 by 1.=
0 we=20
get a BAD_PARAM exception on the _narrow...
I'll do some additionnal tests myself ASAP but since it's already the wee=
k-end=20
in France and everybody's gone, I cannot right now. As soon as I have mor=
e=20
things, I'll warn.

Anyway thank you all for your advises (OpenSource Community is really=20
something !).

Best regards,

Christophe

> Antoine Thierry wrote:
> > You're good, omniORB is using IIOP 1.0 and JavaORB IIOP 1.2
> > I'd like to force javaorb to use corbalocs with iiop 1.0, but i can't
> > find how to do that ..
> > my corbaloc is
> > corbaloc:iiop:<host_ip>:<host_port>/<object's name on poa>
> > how can i make it iiop 1.0 compliant ?
> >
> > Antoine
> >
> > On Mardi 7 Mai 2002 18:10, Lars Nilsson wrote:
> > > Just out of curiousity, would making sure both omniORB and the Java=
 ORB