[omniORB] future of omniNotify

Robert E. Gruber gruber@research.att.com
Fri, 3 May 2002 11:03:36 -0400

As Duncan mentioned, the closing of the Cambridge UK lab does not have as direct an impact
on omniNotify as it does on omniORB, since the omniNotify developer (me) works in the US
at AT&T Labs Research in Florham Park, New Jersey.  I have been scrambling to set up
anonymous CVS and FTP access here, since I was taking advantage of the UK servers.  The
scramble is mostly over.

I plan to get omniNotify working with omniORB 4 ASAP.  In addition to making the necessary
changes (e.g., DynAny mods), I think I need to make some changes to the GNUMakefile's to
get things to work with Duncan's new autoconf setup.

Once this is done, I will do a new release of omniNotify.

Then I am getting married and going on my honeymoon.  I will be completely out of contact
from May 25 to June 11.

After that I have several plans, including porting to Win NT/2000 (something I told
several people would be done by now... I'm really sorry that did not work out as planned).

-- Bob

Robert E. Gruber
Principal Member of Technical Staff
AT&T Labs -- Research