[omniORB] omniORB: Assertion failed.

bjorn rohde jensen shamus@tdcadsl.dk
Fri, 03 May 2002 11:57:51 +0200

Hi Yakov,

 I believe, that the PolicyList does indeed take ownership
of the _ptr held by the _var, this is the way nested data
structures are handled in CORBA. Data structures manage the
resources of all structures contained in it similarly to
the way, _var types do. I think, what is actually happening
is, that LifespanPolicy_ptr temporaries are created from the
_var types then, the PolicyList naturally assumes ownership
of the _ptr's, but the _var's do not yield ownership when
the _ptr temporaries are created.
 Personally i do not like temporaries much;)

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn