[omniORB] Threading in python

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri, 03 May 2002 10:24:11 +0100

On Thursday 2 May, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> btw, my test case involves spawning a thread which prints some counts,
> sleeps in between each one, then exits. This thread stops once orb.run()
> is called. I can give more details if that would be helpful.

orb.run() shouldn't block other threads. It works fine for me. Can you
post some minimal code that shows the problem?

With omniORB, you can omit the call to orb.run() if you have anything
else to do. Server operations still work fine without orb.run(), as
long as you don't use a MAIN_THREAD_MODEL POA, which is a nasty thing
anyway.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --