[omniORB] running omninames in a windows-cluster

bjorn rohde jensen shamus@tdcadsl.dk
Thu, 02 May 2002 12:05:40 +0200

Hi Arnd,

 There are no hidden flags for controling the name
of omniNames' log files to my knowledge, but you
could hack something together easily. That part of
omniNames is fairly simple:)
 I do not quite understand, why you want to run
omniNames on all the nodes of your cluster. The
corba name service is primairly a bootstrap mechanism,
and your applications should not really need so much
bootstrapping, that it requires clustering of the
name service too. Running a single instance of
omniNames on the cluster head ought to be enough.
 Is there a special reason for requiring replication
of a corba name service cluster wide?

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn