[omniORB] omniORB: Assertion failed.

yashik@veon.com yashik@veon.com
Wed, 1 May 2002 23:52:24 +0200

I'm writing a persistent server. There is a command line option to tell the
server to print the IOR and exit.
When I run the server with this option I get the following (works fine
without it):

omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application using
omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself. e.g. using the ORB after it has
been shut down.
 file: ../corbaObject.cc
 line: 237
 info: !_NP_is_pseudo()
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Here is the code:

     // here is I'm creating persistent POA, creating the servant, activate
the object
     // Also, I'm geting the object reference and print it

     my_servant->_remove_ref();
     std::cout << "Removed" << std::endl;
     if ( !params.isExit() )
     { // business as usual
          orb->run();
          orb->destroy();
     }
     else   // should only print the IOR and exit
     {
          std::cout << "Before shutdown..." << std::endl;
          orb->shutdown(1);
          std::cout << "after shutdown..." << std::endl;
     }
     // this is end of main

I'm getting segmentation fault after shutdown.
Please help.

Thanks,
Yakov.