[omniORB] Re: Help.!!!!! getting segmentation fault when running omniORB4 server as a task on linux-powerPC

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:25:49 -0800

Sheshi Sankineni wrote:
> Actually, I was able to test omniORB on linux-powerpc as a standalone.
> I was able to talk regular IIOP as well as IIOP/SSL.
> Infact I was able to interop with omniORB,OrbixWeb,JOrbacus
> from the client side with my omniORB server running on linux-powerpc.
>
> However, when I run the ORB inside my main program as a task
> thats when the problem happens. As I said my main program is
> compiled with a cross compiler on linux x686 using gcc 2.95.2.
>
> However the omniORB library is compiled using gcc (2.95.3 which
> I downloaded and build after configuring with enable-threads=posix).
> Is there a different between gcc 2.95.2 & gcc 2.95.3.
> Would it help if I use gcc 2.95.2 to compile omniORB4 library ?

It's worth compiling *everything* with the same compiler to rule out
incompatibilities.  I recommend trying gcc 3.0.2 or 3.0.3, actually...

> Also, some bug fixes might have gone into the library since I last
> downloaded. Should I take the latest and see if it solves the problem.

I'll let the omniorb people answer this.  When did you download?
- Dan