[omniORB] omniORB with VC7

Kevin Wooten kwooten@itracs.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:28:48 -0700

Compiling ( and using ) omniORB 4, with VC7 appears to work fine. I have =
been using it for about a month. You just have to compile omniidl with =
VC6. Here was my process.

1. Open VS.NET command prompt
2. Switch to (OMNI_ROOT)/src
3. Do 'make export'=20
4. Open VS6 command prompt
5. Switch to (OMNI_ROOT)/src/tool/omniidl
6. Do 'make clean'
7. Do 'make export'

That should work. I have not bothered to find the problem, I am going to =
look into it, probably soon. There was one other problem with =
tcpTransportImpl.cc using an undefined structure, which was the result =
of a VS6 to VS.NET header file change. I sent a the fix to this mailing =
list, but do not know if it got put into the source.

Kevin