[omniORB] [omniNames] [Windows] [varying IP address] Crashes when reading old LOG.

Vadim Engelson vaden@ida.liu.se
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:16:34 +0100

Problem with starting just OmniNames on Windows2K SP2 , omniORB 3.0.4
If IP-address varies on my computer from time to time (It is a laptop and I attach it to different
networks here and there), and omniNames on start reads old .LOG and .BAK files (created when other
IP-address was in effect), then omniNames hangs or crashes with "abnormal program termination".
Deleting .LOG and .BAK file and restarting with "-start" solves the problem.
My omniorb.cfg contains just one line:
   ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::emil11
This is probably a bug that have not been noticed before. A diagnostic message would be very useful.

/V.