[omniORB] OmniORB on RedHat 7.2

Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:24:21 +0000

On Tuesday 19 March, "Ulf Stoermer" wrote:

[...]
> The recommended solution nr 1 (remove "foo") actually caused
> my problem. Putting back the localhost entry into the hosts-file
> like it was done by the redhat installation and my problems went
> away.

Are you sure you didn't remove the localhost line altogether?  That
would cause all sorts of things to break. You are meant to change the
line so it says

  127.0.0.1        localhost localhost.localdomain

A few days ago I checked in a change to omniORB 4 so it is finally
immune to the problem with the hostname being put in the localhost
entry.