[omniORB] omniORB 40 on HP-UX (build problem)

Corrado Giacomini Corrado.Giacomini@trema.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:35:15 +0100

Hi all,

I am trying to compile omniorb4 ( I just downloaded the latest snapshot
omniORB-20020321.tar.gz)  on
an HPUX machine (HP-UX  B.11.00 U 9000/800) using KCC and I facing the
followinf problems:

INSTLIBFLAGS  in mk/beforeauto.mk file should be set to  0755 instead of
0644 to make them executable  otherwise
bin/omniidl python script fails in importing the _omniidl module. After
I changed this I have been able to proceed in compiling.

Now the second problem I have is in compiling
src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/unix/unixConnection.cc. There I get the following
error message:

"../../../../../omni/src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/unix/unixConnection.cc",
line 162: error:
          name followed by "::" must be a class or namespace name
        if (t.tv_sec > giopStrand::scanPeriod) {

One thing I found is also that the scanPeriod is not defined anywhere
intthe giopStrand class definition in
include/omniORB4/internal/giopStrand.h nor in its parents classes.
So, I  tryed to define it statically like for attributes
idleIncomingBeats and idleOutgoingBeats  and changed the line in
                if (t.tv_sec > omni::giopStrand::scanPeriod) {
since as far as I undersood giopStrand is defined in omni namespace..
but i still have the problem

Any helps ?

Thanks in advance

-Corrado