[omniORB] Interceptor interfaces

William Noon noon@snow.nrcc.cornell.edu
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:17:30 -0500

Duncan -- I am using it to provide a security token that identifies
the client.  Most of my code is in python so I have a module that
adds the interceptors for both 'clientSendRequest' to send the
token (if set) in a service context and 'serverReceiveRequest'
to pull it out of the service context and record the remote ip
address.

The module also adds methods to get/set the token.

What type of changes are you contemplating?  I am currently
adding the interceptors at module init, which is before ORB_init(),
with no problems.  Should I have some?

If you could add support for 'serverSendReply' and 'clientReceiveReply'
so I can set the token from the server code without client
intervention, it would make the client code cleaner.

--Bill Noon
Northeast Regional Climate Center
Cornell University