[omniORB] omniORB thread creation

Kevin Wooten kwooten@itracs.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:03:36 -0700

Unfortunatly we do. We are using COM ( again, UNFORTUNATLY ) which =
requires calls to CoInitialize, and CoUninitialize. Are current solution =
is to call these functions as needed during a method invocation. This is =
causing problems, one, objects that are marshalled across threads in COM =
seem to get disposed of. Two, it slows everything down. What we need is =
to initialize on thread create, and uninitialize on destruction. How =
hard would it be to add this wrapper back, since I am developing with =
omniORB4 (for the wide strings)? Maybe I can help??