Visibroker and wstrings (was: RE: [omniORB] wstring corruptio n, omniOrb -> Orbacus )

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:55:57 +0000

On Friday 15 March, brk@jenkon.com wrote:

> I can't figure out how to turn any real tracing on for VB - here's the best
> I can manage for the moment. This is VB's side of the omniORB conversation.
> Does this sort of thing help at all, or should I get Ethereal?

Good god, what unpleasant tracing...

[...]
> org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: underflow during read from stream  minor code: 0
> completed: No

At least now we know why Visibroker was unhappy. It thinks there is
insufficient data in the marshalled wstring. My guesses are either
that it's expecting a null terminator, or that it thinks the wstring
length is in wchars, when actually it's in octets.

Please run a test where Visibroker sends a wstring to omniORB. That
way, we'll see what it thinks wstring marshalling should look like.

What version of Visibroker are you using?  These posts are probably
relevant...

  http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2001-08/0245.html
  http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2001-07/0300.html