[omniORB] omniORBpy + SSL

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:30:04 +0000

On Tuesday 12 March, Nick Murtagh wrote:

> Does omniORBpy2 support the SSL endpoints that omniORB4
> provides?

Almost. If you are able to initialise the SSL things (certificates,
etc.), omniORBpy will happily use the SSL transport. Unfortunately,
you can't initialise the SSL things. Not from Python, anyway. I
haven't got around to exposing a Python API to the SSL set-up. If you
write a little Python extension module in C++ that initialises the
things you need, it should work OK.

Obviously that's not a proper solution. A proper API is on my list of
things to do, but I need to figure out what facilities are needed
first.